Tianjin University International Students Scholarship for Master Program, Applicants are invited to apply for a TJU International Students Scholarship sponsored by the Ministry of Education for the 2019-2020 academic year. Scholarships are open to international students to pursue master degree programme.
I. When and Where to Apply
III. Scholarship Coverage
1. Tuition waiver and accommodation on campus;
2. Monthly Living Allowance:
3,000 RMB/month for Master students;
3,500 RMB/month for PhD students;
3. Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
IV. Supporting Categories and Scholarship Duration
V. Program Catalogue
For Master Programs taught in Chinese, please click;
For Master Programs taught in English, pleaseclick;
For PhD Programs, please click.
VI. Application Materials
Applicants must submit the following application materials (in duplicate):
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship Program (one original & one copy)
Please complete the online application procedures at Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship in Chinese or English, and print hard copies with photos of you.
The Agency Number for Tianjin University is 10056;
Choose Program Category Type B.
2. Original Notarized certificate of the Highest Diploma
If applicants are university students or are already employed, they should provide pre-graduation certificate or employment certificate. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English（one original & one copy）;
3. Original Notarized certificate of the Academic Transcripts:
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English（one original & one copy）;
4. A Study or Research Plan
All applicants must submit a study or research plan for the study in China, with no less than 800 words in English or Chinese.;
5. Two Recommendation Letters (please click 1 or 2 )
Applicant applying for a Master degree needs to provide two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors in Chinese or English;
Applicant applying for a PhD degree needs to provide two recommendation letters by professors in Chinese or English.
6. Photocopy of Passport;
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (please click)
Applicant should fill the form in English and submit the copy (the original copy should be kept by the applicant).
The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to complete the physical examination as the examination reports have 6-month validity;
8. Form of Provisional Acceptance of International Student by TJU Professor (please click)
Applicant should contact the TJU professors to finish the acceptance form;
（Not necessary to provide. If you cannot get an acceptance on your own, admission office of TJU will deliver application materials to the college to find a supervisor for you.）
9. Language Proficiency Certificate
Applicant applying for programs taught in Chinese needs to submit HSK certificate. A minimum requirement of HSK4 (Score 180 or above) for Engineering/Science or HSK5 (Score 180 or above) for liberal arts is needed. Applicant who has not met the requirement of Chinese proficiency level should take Chinese language courses for one year (fees covered by Chinese Government Scholarship), and start major studies when achieving the required HSK certificate;
Applicant applying for programs taught in English needs to submit English proficiency certificate (TOFEL, IELTS, or English Instruction Certificate). TOFEL: no less than 550, New TOFEL: no less than 75, IELTS: no less than 6.0;
10. Self-introduction Video
Applicant needs to submit a 5-minute self-introduction video in Chinese or English (recorded in a USB);
11. Applicant for art studies is required to submit two sketches of the applicant’s own works.
1. Application materials which do not meet the above requirements will be regarded as invalid and will not be accepted;
2. Academic documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
3. All application materials need to be submitted in duplicate (one original & one copy). Application materials without original notarized certificates will be regarded as invalid and will not be accepted;
4. All documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order of 1 to 11 and be posted to International Admissions Office, School of International Education, Tianjin University. (TWO sets of bound documents are required). Application materials will not be returned regardless of the outcome of admission.
VII. Admission Procedures
1. Application: November 20, 2019 to March 10, 2019 (Winter vacation is from January 27 to February 28, 2019, application submitted during this period will be reviewed afterwards）;
2. TJU Review: March 11 to May 10, 2019;
3. China Scholarship Council Review: Tianjin University will deliver materials of applicants who pass the TJU review to CSC and wait for the final admission results, normally from June 1 to June 30 (the exact date is decided by CSC each year);
4. Result Release: Tianjin University will announce the admission result officially on website, and post Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to scholarship winners from July 1 to July 31;
5. Registration: from the end of August to the early September, 2019.
Address: International Admissions office (Room207), School of International Education, No.10 East Building, Tianjin University, No.92, Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, China
Zip code: 300072
Fax: 0086-22-27406147 (English, Korean, Japanese, Indonesian accepted)
Website: http://www.tju.edu.cn/sie/; http://www.tju.edu.cn
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship Program http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/
2. Foreigner Physical Examination Form
3. Master Program
4. PhD Program
5. Master Recommendation Letter
6. PhD Recommendation Letter
7. Master Self-description
8. PhD Self-description
9. Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by TJU Professor