Police character certificate is required if you are applying for a VISA for any country. How to get your police character certificate? You can see complete procedure here. If you are looking for character certificate types then you must understand that there is a difference between police character certificate and other types of character certificates.
Procedure to Obtain Police Character Certificate
- Consult your local DPO Security office branch for “Police Character Certificate”
Visit this branch in your city and ask them to produce police character certificate so they’ll provide you an application form.
- Fill that application form, attach required documents with that form listed in form and go back to Security Office branch. They’ll now mark this form to your local police station for review.
- Now you have to take this form to your local police station, where SHO and area DSP will give you clearance after checking your documents
- Finally, you have to submit your form back to Security Branch Office
- Receive your Certificate in next three business days.
Note, keep your original NIC, Passport and Property allotment letter or lease agreement with passport size pictures which visiting security branch.