The Southwestern University of Finance and Economics Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. It only supports graduate programs students.
As a key university, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics undertakes the enrollment of international graduate programs students under this type of government scholarship. SWUFE does not accept any application from the third party. Applicants please apply from SWUFE directly for this type of scholarship.
- Application time: January 1st, 2020 to March 1st, 2020
(1) Applicants should submit online application (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn) before the deadline. Hard Copy is not required to be mailed.
(2) Application submitted online after March 1st, 2020 will not be accepted.
(3) If applicants are approved with this type of scholarship, after the fall semester begins, students should bring the original copy of degree and transcript for registration and review.
3. Eligibility of Southwestern University of Finance and Economics Scholarships
(1) Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health
(2) Applicants must not study in China at the time of application;
(3) Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and must be above the age of 18 by September 1, 2020 and under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and must be above the age of 18 by September 1, 2020 and under the age of 40.
- Academic Programs and Teaching Language
Please check list of Master’s degree program and Doctoral degree program at website as below:
Please check attachment 1.
Note: This scholarship is not available to students studying in Language and Literature Majors, except for degree majors related to Chinese Language
5. Duration of Southwestern University of Finance and Economics Scholarships
(1) Master’s ‘s degree students 2-3 years
(2) Doctoral degree students 3-4 years
- Language Requirement
(1) Chinese-Taught Program (No Requirement of Language Preparatory Program)
- Applicants whose first Language is Chinese do not need to provide language level certificate.
- Having passed HSK Level 6, with each subject scored over 70 points.
(2) Chinese-Taught Program (Require One-Year Language Preparatory Program)
- Basic eligibility
There is no HSK requirement. However, if all other conditions are the same, students who have passed HSK Level 3, with each subject scored over 60 points, will be prioritized.
- Requirement of One-Year Language Preparatory Program
Before the end of the Preparatory Program, students should pass HSK Level 4, with each subject scored over 60 points. After passing HSK Level 4, with each subject scored over 60 points, students could enter major program with the first-year trial study. If not, the scholarship will be paused or terminated.
If students could pass HSK Level 5 during the Preparatory Program, with each subject scored over 60 points, students could enter major program without first-year trial study.
- First-year trial study during the major program
The first year of the major program is the trial study period. During the first year of the major programs, students should pass HSK Level 5, with each subject scored over 60 points. If not, the scholarship will be paused or terminated.
(3) English-Taught Program
- For those whose first language is not English, applicants do not need language certificate
- For those whose first language is not English, please provide score report of English language test (IELTS 6.5 with each subject scored over 5.5 points; or TOEFL 95 with each subject scored over 20 points)
- Scholarship details
① Exemption from tuition fee and accommodation fee on campus;
Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.
If the host university requires students to live on campus, the university will accommodate the scholarship students in a university dormitory （usually a twin room for master’s students and a single room for doctoral degree students）. If the host university permits students to live off campus, the university will provide monthly accommodation subsidy (RMB 700/Month/ person for master’s degree students; RMB 1000/ Month/person for doctoral students);
② Living allowance: RMB 3,000/month/person for master’s students; RMB 3,500 /month /person for doctoral students;
③ Comprehensive medical insurance;
For more details please visit the website of China Scholarship Council (CSC) http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=3056
- The Southwestern University of Finance and Economics Scholarships Application procedures
（1）. Applicants shall all make online application at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register
（2）. Fill in Agency “10651”
（3）. Choose ”Type B” for Program Category
（4）. Upload all supporting documents in the system. If one file consists of more than one page, please combine all pages in one PDF file and upload it.
（5）. Applicants should submit online application before the deadline and upload documents as required:
- a)Passport Photo
Notarized highest educational degree or diploma certificate (Documents without notary is not valid.)
If the student has not obtained degree yet, the student should provide original official letter that states this student will obtain the degree before August 31st of current year. This letter should be issued by the student’s current school.
- b)Notarized highest educational transcript (Documents without notary is not valid.)
- c)Two Recommendation Letters（written in Chinese or English）
- d)A Study Plan or Research Proposal（written in Chinese or English, more than 800 words）
- e)Copy of Passport First Page (If have)
- f)Foreigner Physical Examination Form （written in English or Chinese）;
The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- g)The copy of valid HSK Certificate（if available）
★ All documents should be presented in English or Chinese. If not, a translated version in English or Chinese is mandatory. Documents without translation in English or Chinese are not valid. Translation copy should be notarized too.
★ Applicant should make sure contact information, passport information and other personal information are correct in the application form. Please turn on your mobile phone, or keep your phone line is connected, or check your contact email regularly. The admission office will contact applicants if necessary. Any consequence of providing wrong information in the application form shall be taken by applicants.
- Fraud Policy
(1) If fraudulent documents and fraud practices are detected at the application stage, the application will be rejected immediately;
(2) If fraudulent documents and fraud practices are detected at the pre-admission stage, the admission offer will be abolished immediately;
(3) If fraudulent documents and fraud practices are detected after students’ registration, enrollment or student status will be abolished immediately;
(4) If fraudulent documents and fraud practices are detected after graduation, education administration department shall declare the academic record and the degree certificate invalid, and order it to be withdrawn or confiscated.
(5) If any crime is suspected, the case shall be transferred to the judicial authority.
- Selection and notification
- A committee of experts and professors at SWUFE will screen candidates for the scholarship and submit a list of nominees. Scholarship decisions will be made on the basis of the applicants’ application documents, academic performance, overall merits, research achievements and previous supervisors’ comments. The initial list of nominees will be published at CIE website (http://international.swufe.edu.cn/) and will be submitted to China Scholarship Council for final approval.
- The CSC reviews eligibility and qualifications of nominated candidates, approves the List of Scholarship Recipients, and sends the admission documents to universities before Mid July. After that, scholarship awardees will be notified via email and their Admission Notice and Visa Application Form (JW201) will be mailed out.
iii. CSC reserves the rights to decide the host university for scholarship recipients with multiple offers. Each scholarship recipient—even when admitted by multiple universities—will be granted no more than one scholarship
- Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
- Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
- SWUFE reserves the rights to make the Nominees List and explanation of the application procedures. The procedures are subject to change based on CSC regulations.
vii. The content above is subject to change based on change of China laws and regulations in 2020.
viii. Please frequently check the website of CIE for updated information
- Contact information
Admission Office (Room 206)
College of International Education
Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
No.55 Guanghuacun Street
Chengdu Sichuan Province
P.R. China 610074
Tel: +86 (0) 28 87355437
Fax: +86 (0) 28 87355437
College of International Education
Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
January 1, 2020