Are you looking for a scholarship opportunity to pursue your studies in China? Sichuan University is one of the most prestigious universities in China, and the Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC Scholarship) offers international students the opportunity to study at the university. In this article, we will provide you with everything you need to know about the Sichuan University CSC Scholarship, including its benefits, eligibility criteria, application process, and more.
About Sichuan University
Sichuan University (SCU) is a key comprehensive university located in Chengdu, the capital city of Sichuan Province, China. The university was founded in 1896 and is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in China. It is ranked 9th among Chinese universities and 301st worldwide in the QS World University Rankings 2022.
What is the CSC Scholarship?
The Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC Scholarship) is a scholarship program funded by the Chinese government to support international students to study in Chinese universities. The scholarship is offered by the China Scholarship Council (CSC) in collaboration with Chinese universities.
Benefits of the Sichuan University CSC Scholarship
The Sichuan University CSC Scholarship provides the following benefits to international students:
- Full tuition fee waiver
- Free accommodation on campus
- Monthly stipend of RMB 3,000 (for Master’s students) or RMB 3,500 (for PhD students)
- Comprehensive medical insurance
To be eligible for the Sichuan University CSC Scholarship, international students must meet the following criteria:
- For Master’s programs: Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- For PhD programs: Applicants must have a Master’s degree or equivalent.
- For Master’s programs: Applicants must be under the age of 35.
- For PhD programs: Applicants must be under the age of 40.
- Applicants must have a good command of Chinese or English, depending on the language of instruction of the program they apply for.
How to Apply for the Sichuan University CSC Scholarship
The application process for the Sichuan University CSC Scholarship consists of the following steps:
Step 1: Choose a Program and Check Eligibility
Visit the Sichuan University website and choose a program you want to apply for. Check the eligibility criteria for the program and make sure you meet the requirements.
Step 2: Prepare Required Documents
Prepare the following documents:
- CSC Online Application Form (Sichuan University Agency Number, Click here to get)
- Online Application Form of Sichuan University
- Highest Degree Certificate (Notarized copy)
- Transcripts of Highest Education (Notarized copy)
- Undergraduate Diploma
- Undergraduate Transcript
- if you are in china Then the most recent visa or residence permit in China (Upload Passport Home page again in this option on University Portal)
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Passport Copy
- Economic proof
- Physical Examination Form (Health Report)
- English Proficiency Certificate (IELTS is not Mandatory)
- No Criminal Certificate Record (Police Clearance Certificate Record)
- Acceptance Letter (Not Mandatory)
Step 3: Apply Online
Create an account on the CSC Scholarship website and complete the online application form. Submit the required documents
Step 4: Submit Application Documents to Sichuan University
After submitting the online application, you need to download and print the application form, sign it, and mail it to the International Office of Sichuan University along with the required documents.
Tips for a Successful Sichuan University CSC Scholarship Application
To increase your chances of being awarded the Sichuan University CSC Scholarship, follow these tips:
- Choose a program that matches your academic background and interests.
- Prepare your documents carefully and make sure they are complete and accurate.
- Write a clear and concise study plan or research proposal that demonstrates your academic potential and research interests.
- Submit your application early to avoid missing the deadline.
- Follow up with the International Office of Sichuan University to ensure that your application is complete and has been received.
The application deadlines for the Sichuan University CSC Scholarship vary depending on the program you apply for. Generally, the deadlines are between December and March. You should check the Sichuan University website for the specific deadlines for the program you are interested in.
The Sichuan University CSC Scholarship is a great opportunity for international students who want to study in China. It provides a range of benefits, including full tuition fee waiver, free accommodation, monthly stipend, and medical insurance. To apply for the scholarship, you need to choose a program, check the eligibility criteria, prepare the required documents, and submit the application online and by mail. Follow the tips we provided to increase your chances of being awarded the scholarship.
- Is the Sichuan University CSC Scholarship open to all nationalities?
- Yes, the scholarship is open to international students from all countries.
- Can I apply for more than one program?
- Yes, you can apply for up to three programs, but you need to submit a separate application for each program.
- Do I need to take the HSK or TOEFL test?
- It depends on the language of instruction of the program you apply for. If the program is taught in Chinese, you need to take the HSK test. If the program is taught in English, you need to take the TOEFL test.
- How long does it take to receive the scholarship notification?
- The notification is usually sent in June or July.
- Can I defer my admission if I am awarded the scholarship?
- It depends on the policy of the program you apply for. You should contact the program directly to inquire about the deferral policy.