Shanghai Maritime University Scholarships In order to increase the cooperation and understanding between the people of China and other countries, develop outstanding international talent and improve the perception of China’s higher education, Shanghai Maritime University Scholarships is opening application for full-time studies under the 2019 Shanghai Maritime University Chinese government scholarship program.
The application method is as follows:
Eligibility of Shanghai Maritime University Scholarships
● Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health;
● Applicants should be high school graduates under the age of 25 when applying for undergraduate programs;
● Applicants should be bachelor’s degree holders under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
● Applicants should be master’s degree holders under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
● Applicants should be under the age of 45 and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study when applying for general scholar programs;
● Applicants should be master’s degree holders or associate professors (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for senior scholar programs.
● Applicants must not be attending a Chinese university at the time of application;
● Applicants should not hold a scholarship of any other category from the Chinese government.
Shanghai Maritime University Scholarships Award details
● Exemption from tuition fee,
● Basic learning materials fee,
● On- campus accommodation,
● Living stipend (Undergraduate students RMB2500/month, Masters students 3000RMB/month, Doctorate students RMB 3500/month)；
● Outpatient medical fee (the outpatient expense in the University’s hospital or the hospitals appointed by the University) and Chinese Government Scholarship Foreign Students Medical Insurance (800RMB/person/year).
● For more information, please consult the Chinese Government Scholarship Council Webpage at www.csc.edu.cn
Field of Study: All Degree Programs 2019
Application Deadline of Shanghai Maritime University Scholarships:
30 April, 2019
How to apply for Shanghai Maritime University Scholarships
Procedure of independent enrollment through SMU (SMU has a very limited number of places for independent-enrollment CSC students.)
● Consult the program introduction and select majors to apply for;
● Fill in the Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form and SMU application form, and prepare all the required documents;
● Send photocopies of all required documents to email@example.com, and then deliver the original documents to SMU campus. (These documents will not be returned to students);
● Send a medical examination report.
SMU will select the final candidates and issue Offers of Admission to admitted students directly at the end of June.
The procedure of Applying through CSC for Shanghai Maritime University
● Consult the program introduction and select majors to apply for; (for more details, please visit the university website: www.shmtu.edu.cn or CSC website: www.csc.edu.cn )
● Send application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
● After preliminary approval by SMU, Chinese Government Scholarship (Conditional) admission notice will be issued.
● Applicants are to send all their documents including their (Conditional) admission notice to the dispatching authorities (usually Chinese consulate or Embassy);
● Dispatching authorities (usually Chinese consulate or Embassy) will send applicant documents to CSC for processing;
● CSC will review scholarship application and send the Scholarship offer to awarded applicant.
Shanghai Maritime University Scholarships Required documents
● Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship. (Please go to www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org and click ‘Application Online for International Students’, complete the required information in Chinese or English, submit the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship online; SMU Agency number is 10254).
● Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
● Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
● A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English. (A minimum of 200 words for undergraduates, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for postgraduates.)
● Recommendation letters: Applicants for graduate programs or senior scholar programs must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
● Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China.
● Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form designed by the Chinese quarantine authority can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org ). The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
● Applicants with (Conditional) admission notice from SMU should enclose the letter in the application package.
Applicants with valid HSK Certificate should enclose it in the application package.
● Medical examination report.
NOTE: The above documents should be bound on top left corner (in duplicate). No application documents will be returned.
International Education College
Shanghai Maritime University
Room B808-1, Library Building,1550 Hai Gang Avenue, Lin Gang New City,
Pudong District,Shanghai , 201906