Are you a student who wants to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree in China? Are you looking for a scholarship that can help you achieve your dream? Look no further, as Qinghai University offers a Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) to international students. In this article, we will provide you with everything you need to know about the Qinghai University CSC Scholarship, including eligibility requirements, application process, benefits, and deadlines.
China has become an increasingly popular destination for international students to pursue higher education. Every year, the Chinese government offers scholarships to outstanding international students who wish to study in China. Among the various scholarships, the Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) is one of the most prestigious and comprehensive ones. Qinghai University, located in Xining city, Qinghai Province, China, offers CSC scholarships to international students who want to pursue master’s or doctoral degrees.
2. About Qinghai University
Qinghai University, founded in 1958, is a comprehensive university with a focus on engineering and multidisciplinary education. It is a key university in Qinghai Province and is recognized as a national “New Century Excellent Talent Training Project” university. The university has 22 schools and departments, offering 64 undergraduate programs, 45 master’s programs, and 10 doctoral programs.
3. Qinghai University CSC Scholarship Overview
The Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) is a scholarship program offered by the Chinese government to international students. The scholarship aims to promote mutual understanding, cooperation, and exchange between China and other countries. Qinghai University offers CSC scholarships to international students who want to pursue master’s or doctoral degrees in various fields.
4. Qinghai University CSC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the Qinghai University CSC Scholarship, international students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens.
- Applicants must be under the age of 35 for master’s degree programs and under the age of 40 for doctoral degree programs.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree for master’s degree programs and a Master’s degree for doctoral degree programs.
- Applicants must have an excellent academic record.
- Applicants must have a good command of English or Chinese.
- For programs taught in English, applicants must provide an English proficiency certificate (TOEFL or IELTS).
- For programs taught in Chinese, applicants must provide a Chinese proficiency certificate (HSK).
5. How to apply for Qinghai University CSC Scholarship 2024
To apply for the Qinghai University CSC Scholarship, international students must follow the steps below:
- Visit the China Scholarship Council (CSC) website and create an account.
- Fill out the CSC online application form and select “Type B” as the scholarship category.
- Choose Qinghai University as your preferred university.
- CSC Online Application Form (Qinghai University Agency Number, Click here to get)
- Online Application Form of Qinghai University
- Highest Degree Certificate (Notarized copy)
- Transcripts of Highest Education (Notarized copy)
- Undergraduate Diploma
- Undergraduate Transcript
- if you are in china Then the most recent visa or residence permit in China (Upload Passport Home page again in this option on University Portal)
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Passport Copy
- Economic proof
- Physical Examination Form (Health Report)
- English Proficiency Certificate (IELTS is not Mandatory)
- No Criminal Certificate Record (Police Clearance Certificate Record)
- Acceptance Letter (Not Mandatory)
All the documents must be in either Chinese or English. If the original documents are not in either of these languages, they must be translated and notarized.
6. Qinghai University CSC Scholarship Coverage
The Qinghai University CSC Scholarship covers the following expenses:
- Exempted tuition fee for the duration of the scholarship.
- Free on-campus accommodation or a monthly accommodation allowance.
- A monthly stipend of CNY 3,000 for master’s degree students and CNY 3,500 for doctoral degree students.
7. Important Dates and Deadlines
The application period for the Qinghai University CSC Scholarship opens in November and closes in March of the following year. It is important to note that the specific dates may vary from year to year, so it is advisable to check the official website for the latest information.
8. Tips for a Successful Application
- Start preparing your application as early as possible to avoid any last-minute rush.
- Carefully read and follow the application guidelines provided by Qinghai University and the China Scholarship Council.
- Submit all the required documents in a timely and complete manner.
- Write a clear and concise study or research plan that highlights your academic interests and goals.
- Contact potential supervisors at Qinghai University in advance and secure an acceptance letter from them.
- Ensure that your language proficiency certificates are valid and meet the requirements of the program you are applying for.
- Be patient and persistent in following up on the status of your application.
9. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the deadline for applying for the Qinghai University CSC Scholarship?
- The application period opens in November and closes in March of the following year. The specific dates may vary from year to year, so it is advisable to check the official website for the latest information.
- Can I apply for multiple programs or universities under the Qinghai University CSC Scholarship?
- No, you can only apply for one program at one university under the CSC Scholarship.
- Is it mandatory to provide an acceptance letter from a supervisor at Qinghai University?
- It is not mandatory, but it is highly recommended to contact potential supervisors in advance and secure an acceptance letter from them.
- Can I apply for the Qinghai University CSC Scholarship if I am over the age limit?
- No, applicants must be under the age of 35 for master’s degree programs and under the age of 40 for doctoral degree programs.
- How can I contact Qinghai University for more information?
- You can visit the official website of Qinghai University or send an email to the International Students Office at [email protected].
The Qinghai University CSC Scholarship provides an excellent opportunity for international students to pursue their academic goals in China. With comprehensive coverage of tuition fees, accommodation, and stipends, this scholarship is highly competitive and sought after. By carefully following the eligibility criteria and application guidelines, you can increase your chances of success in securing this prestigious scholarship.