NUIST MOFCOM Scholarship for Master of Meteorology for Non-Chinese Students in China
Applications are invited for MOFCOM Scholarship for Master of Meteorology which is sponsored by Ministry of Commerce People’s Republic of China at Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology in China. Non-Chinese citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The main objective of the Master Program of Meteorology is to cultivate the senior talents in both meteorological research and application, enable them to master the frontier technology and most updated development in meteorology, climate and climate changes, establish professional mode of thinking, get a firm grasp of professional technology and skills in meteorology and relevant subjects so as to improve the meteorological service level of their home countries.
Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology is located in Nanjing, the capital city of Jiangsu Province. As one of the four famous ancient capitals in China, Nanjing is reputed as the “capital of six dynasties” and “metropolis of ten dynasties” with a long history and profound culture.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Master degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Meteorology.
Scholarship Award: The Chinese Ministry of Commerce will provide funds from foreign aid to sponsor students from developing countries. The fund covers academic, administrative fees as well as basic living expenses of each student. The academic fees include tuition, fees of teaching materials, fees of research and survey, thesis instruction fees etc.; living expenses include accommodation fee, stipend, one-time settlement allowance, insurance fee etc. The one-time settlement allowance of 3,000 CNY/person will be paid to students directly. In terms of living expenses, it is 36,000 CNY/year per person for the master program, and 42,000 CNY/year per person for the doctoral program, and will be distributed to students gradually by the undertaking university. The rest expenses should be managed by the Chinese Ministry of Commerce or the undertaking university rather than granting to students.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility: All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, abide by laws and regulations of People’s Republic of China and the regulations of Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology, and show proper respect for Chinese customs.
- Applicants must be staff members from meteorological administrations, higher educational institutes, scientific or academic institutions, or non-government organizations in developing counties. Applicants must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology or relevant majors and with good English proficiency and relevant work experience and under the age of 45.
- Applicants who are not native English speakers are required to present English Language Proficiency Certificate. If the undergraduate education was in English, applicants shall submit a certificate of the English-medium education. Otherwise, language tests such as new TOEFL 85 (or better) or IELTS 6.0 (or better) or other documents which can prove the English proficiency of the applicant shall be submitted.
The candidates must be healthy and must not have any disease or situation listed below:
- Diseases prohibited by Chinese Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations;
- Other severe chronic diseases like high blood pressure, cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, diabetes;
- Psychological diseases;
- Other infectious diseases which may have a serious impact on public health;
- In recovery period after major surgery or acute disease attacks;
- With severe physical disability;
- Only applicants recommended by the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office of Chinese Embassy in the country that accords with the candidate’s nationality will be considered.
Nationality: Non-Chinese citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants who are not native English speakers are required to present English Language Proficiency Certificate. If the undergraduate education was in English, applicants shall submit a certificate of the English-medium education. Otherwise, language tests such as new TOEFL 85 (or better) or IELTS 6.0 (or better) or other documents which can prove the English proficiency of the applicant shall be submitted.
How to Apply: Please log onto NUIST’s online application system, register an applicant account, fill in personal information and upload required application documents (please select “MOFCOM Scholarship”).
Please be noted that:
(a) Please register with valid email address, or you cannot activate your account (do not use @naver email box).
(b) After successful registration, an account activate link will be sent to your email. Please activate your account by clicking the link.
(c) Please choose the program of “MOFCOM Scholarship” when you start the online application.
a) Submit all the application materials listed in the above table in both hard copy and scanned copy to the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office of Chinese Embassy. For emails and addresses of the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Offices, please visithttp://www.china-aibo.cn/ (click its English version).
b) Submit a written request to the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office of Chinese Embassy for an official recommendation letter and clearly state whether the applicant is willing to be considered for a similar program at other universities if the program at NUIST is already full. Other special requests can be put forward too if any. Reminders:
- All the documents to be submitted should be in Chinese or English. Otherwise, a notarized copy in Chinese or English is required.
- An original copy of degrees, transcripts and language certificates must be presented for on-site verification.
- Applicants will get back all the hard-copy materials, both original copies and photocopies from the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office. If admitted, they must take the documents to China for verification and submit them to NUIST during registration.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2020.