Are you looking for a scholarship to pursue your graduate or doctoral degree in China? Lanzhou University of Technology (LUT) offers a fully-funded scholarship under the Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) program. This scholarship is available for international students who want to study in LUT’s world-renowned faculties of engineering, science, management, and humanities. In this article, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide to the Lanzhou University of Technology CSC scholarship, including eligibility criteria, application process, benefits, and FAQs.
The Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) is a fully-funded scholarship program established by the Chinese Ministry of Education to promote international education cooperation and exchange. The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation, and a monthly living allowance for international students pursuing undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in Chinese universities. Lanzhou University of Technology (LUT) is one of the prestigious Chinese universities that offer CSC scholarships to international students.
About Lanzhou University of Technology
Founded in 1919, Lanzhou University of Technology is a key university located in Lanzhou, Gansu Province, China. LUT is a comprehensive university that offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in various fields of study, including engineering, science, management, humanities, and social sciences. LUT has a team of highly qualified and experienced faculty members who are committed to providing quality education and research opportunities to students from around the world.
Overview of CSC Scholarship
The Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) program is a fully-funded scholarship that covers tuition fees, accommodation, and a monthly living allowance for international students pursuing undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in Chinese universities. The CSC scholarship is awarded by the Chinese Ministry of Education, and it aims to promote international education cooperation and exchange.
Eligibility Criteria for LUT CSC Scholarship
To be eligible for the LUT CSC scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a non-Chinese citizen in good health
- Have a bachelor’s degree for a master’s program or a master’s degree for a doctoral program
- Meet the English or Chinese language proficiency requirements of the program you are applying for
- For Master’s program: You must be under 35 years of age and have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field of study.
- For Doctoral program: You must be under 40 years of age and have a master’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field of study.
Application Process for LUT CSC Scholarship
The application process for the LUT CSC scholarship is divided into two stages:
- Application for the CSC scholarship
- Application for admission to LUT
Step 1: Application for the CSC Scholarship
To apply for the CSC scholarship, follow these steps:
- Visit the CSC website and create an account
- Fill out the CSC online application form and upload the required documents
- Submit the application before the deadline
Step 2: Application for Admission to LUT
After submitting the CSC scholarship application, you need to apply for admission to LUT. To apply for admission, follow these steps:
- Visit the LUT International Students Admissions website and create an account
- Fill out the LUT online application
- Pay the application fee and upload the required documents
- Submit the application before the deadline
Required Documents for LUT CSC Scholarship
To apply for the LUT CSC scholarship, you need to submit the following documents:
- CSC Online Application Form (LUT Agency Number, Click here to get)
- Online Application Form of LUT
- Highest Degree Certificate (Notarized copy)
- Transcripts of Highest Education (Notarized copy)
- Undergraduate Diploma
- Undergraduate Transcript
- if you are in china Then the most recent visa or residence permit in China (Upload Passport Home page again in this option on University Portal)
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Passport Copy
- Economic proof
- Physical Examination Form (Health Report)
- English Proficiency Certificate (IELTS is not Mandatory)
- No Criminal Certificate Record (Police Clearance Certificate Record)
- Acceptance Letter (Not Mandatory)
Selection Procedure for LUT CSC Scholarship
The selection procedure for the LUT CSC scholarship involves the following steps:
- Evaluation of the CSC scholarship application by the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC)
- Evaluation of the LUT admission application by the relevant faculties or departments
- Interview (if required)
- Final decision by the LUT International Students Admission Committee
Benefits of LUT CSC Scholarship
The LUT CSC scholarship offers the following benefits to the selected international students:
- Tuition fee waiver
- Accommodation on campus or a monthly subsidy
- Monthly living allowance
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China
Accommodation and Living Expenses
The LUT CSC scholarship covers accommodation on campus or provides a monthly subsidy for off-campus accommodation. The monthly living allowance ranges from CNY 3,000 to CNY 3,500 depending on the level of study. International students can also apply for part-time jobs on campus to cover their additional expenses.
Tips for Successful Application
To increase your chances of getting the LUT CSC scholarship, consider the following tips:
- Start your application early and prepare all the required documents in advance
- Research the faculty or department you want to apply to and tailor your application accordingly
- Write a clear and concise study plan or research proposal that demonstrates your academic potential and research interests
- Ask your referees to write strong and specific recommendation letters that highlight your academic achievements and personal qualities
- Be prepared for an interview (if required) and demonstrate your communication skills and academic potential
1. What is the application deadline for the LUT CSC scholarship?
The application deadline for the LUT CSC scholarship varies depending on the program you are applying for. Please check the LUT International Students Admissions website for the specific deadline.
2. Can I apply for multiple programs at LUT under the CSC scholarship?
Yes, you can apply for multiple programs at LUT under the CSC scholarship. However, you need to submit a separate application for each program and pay the application fee for each application.
3. Do I need to take the Chinese language proficiency test for the LUT CSC scholarship?
No, you don’t need to take the Chinese language proficiency test for the LUT CSC scholarship if your program is taught in English. However, you need to submit a valid English proficiency certificate.
4. How many scholarships are available for international students at LUT?
LUT offers a limited number of CSC scholarships to international students every year. The exact number of scholarships varies depending on the funding available.
5. Can I extend my LUT CSC scholarship?
Yes, you can extend your LUT CSC scholarship if you meet the academic requirements and get approval from your supervisor and the LUT International Students Office.
The Lanzhou University of Technology CSC scholarship is an excellent opportunity for international students to pursue their graduate or doctoral studies in one of the top Chinese universities. This scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation, and a monthly living allowance, and it is awarded based on academic merit and research potential. To apply for this scholarship, you need to submit a comprehensive application that includes both the CSC scholarship application and the LUT admission application. The selection process involves evaluation by the Chinese Scholarship Council and the LUT International Students Admission Committee, and it may include an interview. If you are selected, you will benefit from a range of financial and academic support, including tuition fee waiver, accommodation, living allowance, and medical insurance. To increase your chances of success, make sure you prepare your application carefully and tailor it to your academic interests and research goals. With dedication and hard work, you can make the most of this opportunity and achieve your academic and professional aspirations in China.