East China Normal University Scholarship are open for international student apply now for the scholarship. East China Normal University is a comprehensive public research university in Shanghai, China
1.East China Normal University Scholarship Application and Enrollment
Applicants shall consult the dispatching organizations in their home countries concerning details covering the application period and important procedures.
As for Chinese Government Special Scholarship Scheme-University Postgraduate Study Program and Degree Study in Provinces and Autonomous Regions Program, applicants shall consult Chinese universities undertaking the programs about detailed information.
2.East China Normal University Scholarship Application
– Applicants should meet the basic qualifications prescribed in the Application Procedures, and fill in the application forms strictly in accordance with requirements. They also need to provide relevant application materials including notarized photocopies of diplomas, transcripts, the applicant’s study plan, a valid health certificate and recommendation letters.
– Application materials for scholarships shall reach CSC before the deadline as specified in Application Procedures via enrollment-undertaking organizations. Application materials received after the deadline will not be processed. (Please check the attached Application Procedures for details.)
– Application materials will not be returned regardless of the result of application.
– Important documents such as original diplomas and Foreigner Physical Examination Form must be properly kept by the applicants themselves.
– Institutions undertaking Chinese Government Scholarships enrollment are as follows:
Embassies (Consulate-General) of P. R. China in sending countries
Embassies of sending countries in China
Provincial education departments in China
Other education institutions
3. Choice of Institutions of Higher Education and Specialty
Applicants for Chinese Government Scholarships shall choose their host institutions and specialties from the institutions of higher education designated by MOE. Please check the Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program & Special Scholarship Programs, Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program-University Postgraduate Study Program and Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program-Degree Study in Provinces & Autonomous Regions Program or the website of CSC (http://www.csc.edu.cn/Lianhua/) for details.
4.East China Normal University Scholarship Language of Instruction
– The Chinese institutions of higher education generally use Chinese as the instructional language. Applicants with no command of Chinese are generally required to take Chinese language courses for 1-2 years before beginning their major studies. Applicants who apply for study in either science, engineering, agriculture, medicine (western medicine), economics, management or law are required to take Chinese language courses for at least 1 year. Applicants who apply for study in literature, history, philosophy, or medicine (traditional Chinese medicine, Chinese herbal medicine) are required to take Chinese language courses for at least 2 years.
– Undergraduate programs are instructed in Chinese. In some universities, some courses set for general scholars, senior scholars and postgraduate students are offered in English. Please refer to Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program & Academic Programs or the website of CSC (http://www.csc.edu.cn/Lianhua/) for details.
5.Preparatory College Education
According to MOE regulations, applicants from the scholarship scheme-specified countries who apply for bachelor degree programs in science, engineering, agriculture, medicine and economics are required to take a one-year foundation course (preparatory education) including the fundamentals of the Chinese language, mathematics, physics and chemistry. Students who pass the examinations of foundation courses can start their undergraduate studies on time as specified in their Admission Notices.
CSC entrusts Tianjin University, Nanjing Normal University and Shandong University to offer the foundation courses in 2019.
Admission of East China Normal University Scholarship Students
- CSC will review all the application materials sent by the appointed authorities. CSC is authorized with the capacity to make necessary adjustments regarding the proposed institutions, degree programs and the duration of the applicant’s study in China. The applications will not be processed if they either fail to meet the enrollment requirements or fail to complete the application materials.
- Qualified applications will be forwarded to universities and the final decision whether to admit the applicants or not will be made by them. If the applicant has been accepted by an institution prior to application, the applicant is required to enclose the relevant admission letter in the application materials.
- Scholarship applicants accepted by Chinese institutions of higher education will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with the approval from CSC and submitted to MOE to be kept on record.
- CSC will send the List of Accepted Students, Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study In China (JW201) to the relevant dispatching authorities who will forward the documents to the students.
- As for the admission of Chinese Government Special Scholarship Scheme-University Postgraduate Study Program and Degree Study in Provinces and Autonomous Regions Program, please refer to the application procedures of the two programs.
- In principal, each applicant may only apply for one type of Chinese Government Scholarships. CSC reserves the right to decide which scholarship the applicant will enjoy and which university the applicant shall attend if the applicant is awarded more than one scholarship or accepted by more than one university.