Are you looking for an opportunity to study in China with a scholarship? If so, you might want to consider the Liaoning Government Scholarship offered by the Dalian Maritime University (DMU). In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide to the DMU Liaoning Government Scholarship, including its eligibility criteria, application process, benefits, and tips for a successful application.
What is the DMU Liaoning Government Scholarship?
The DMU Liaoning Government Scholarship is a scholarship program that aims to attract outstanding international students to pursue their undergraduate or postgraduate studies at Dalian Maritime University in Liaoning province, China. The scholarship is funded by the Liaoning Provincial Government, and it covers full or partial tuition fees, accommodation fees, and living allowances.
Eligibility Criteria for the DMU Liaoning Government Scholarship
To be eligible for the DMU Liaoning Government Scholarship, you need to meet the following criteria:
- For undergraduate programs: you should have a high school diploma or equivalent, and meet the academic requirements of the chosen program.
- For postgraduate programs: you should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and meet the academic requirements of the chosen program.
- For programs taught in Chinese: you should have a valid HSK certificate (level 4 or above).
- For programs taught in English: you should have a valid TOEFL or IELTS certificate (or equivalent).
- For undergraduate programs: you should be under 25 years old.
- For postgraduate programs: you should be under 35 years old.
Benefits of the DMU Liaoning Government Scholarship
The DMU Liaoning Government Scholarship provides the following benefits:
- Full tuition fee waiver
- Accommodation fee waiver (on-campus dormitory)
- Living allowance: CNY 1,500/month for undergraduate students, CNY 1,800/month for postgraduate students
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
Application Process for the DMU Liaoning Government Scholarship
The application process for the DMU Liaoning Government Scholarship consists of the following steps:
Step 1: Choose a Program and Check Eligibility
First, you need to choose a program that you want to apply for, and check whether you meet the eligibility criteria. You can find the list of programs and their requirements on the DMU website or the China Scholarship Council (CSC) website.
Step 2: Prepare Application Documents
Once you have chosen a program and checked your eligibility, you need to prepare the following application documents:
- Application Form for Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship (available on the DMU website or the CSC website)
- Highest Degree Certificate (Notarized copy)
- Transcripts of Highest Education (Notarized copy)
- Undergraduate Diploma
- Undergraduate Transcript
- if you are in china Then the most recent visa or residence permit in China (Upload Passport Home page again in this option on University Portal)
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Passport Copy
- Economic proof
- Physical Examination Form (Health Report)
- English Proficiency Certificate (IELTS is not Mandatory)
- No Criminal Certificate Record (Police Clearance Certificate Record)
- Acceptance Letter (Not Mandatory)
All the documents should be in Chinese or English, or notarized translations in other languages.
Step 3: Apply Online and Submit Documents
After preparing the application documents, you need to apply online through the DMU International Student Application System, and upload the required documents. You should also choose “Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship” as the scholarship type in the application system.
The deadline for the application is usually in April or May each year. You should check the DMU website or the CSC website for the exact deadline.
Tips for a Successful Application
To increase your chances of receiving the DMU Liaoning Government Scholarship, you should follow these tips:
- Choose a program that matches your academic background and interests.
- Write a clear and concise research proposal (for postgraduate programs) that demonstrates your research potential and fits the research strengths of DMU.
- Ask for recommendation letters from academic referees who know you well and can provide specific and positive feedback on your academic performance and potential.
- Prepare your application documents carefully, and make sure they meet the requirements.
- Apply as early as possible before the deadline, and submit all the required documents.
FAQs about the DMU Liaoning Government Scholarship
What is the deadline for the DMU Liaoning Government Scholarship application?
The deadline for the DMU Liaoning Government Scholarship application is usually in April or May each year. You should check the DMU website or the CSC website for the exact deadline.
Can I apply for more than one program with the DMU Liaoning Government Scholarship?
No, you can only apply for one program with the DMU Liaoning Government Scholarship.
Do I need to submit my original documents for the application?
No, you can submit notarized copies of your documents or notarized translations in other languages.
How long does it take to get the scholarship result?
The scholarship result usually comes out in July or August each year. You will be notified by email or phone.
Can I apply for the DMU Liaoning Government Scholarship if I am already studying in China?
No, you cannot apply for the DMU Liaoning Government Scholarship if you are already studying in China with a scholarship or self-funded.
IX Contact Us
For any questions, please contact:
Room 403, International Education College, Dalian Maritime University,
Address: No.1 Linghai Road, High-tech Zone District, Dalian, People’s Republic of China.
Liaoning Government Scholarship at Dalian Maritime University (DMU), Under the mandate of the Liaoning Provincial Government, Dalian Maritime University is opening application for full-time doctoral degree studies under the 2022 Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship Program.In order to facilitate the implementation of Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship, the following detailed implementation has been issued in accordance with the