Application Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University program
Please visit our website www.campuschina.org or www.csc.edu.cn/laihua for search and register your information. You can also consult the BUPT Overseas Student Affairs Office for related information.
Usually the application season is from January to April 10th. Applicants should apply and send/e-mail the required documents to the BUPT Overseas Student Affairs Office. Agency Number is 10013 for BUPT is the first required item when applying online at CSC Online Application System for International Students(http://laihua.csc.edu.cn). A correct Agency Number will lead to the presence of the corresponding application receiving agency. Wrong Agency Number will lead to application rejection.
This scholarship only supports graduate programs. Scholarship duration is two to three years for master’s programs and three to four years for doctoral programs. Most programs in BUPT university are instructed in Chinese. Certain departments offer English-taught programs. The scholarship duration specified in the Admission Letter, covering major study and one-year Chinese language study, cannot be extended in general.
The Scholarship Coverage:
-a waiver of fee for registration, tuition, laboratory experiments, internship, and basic textbooks;
-free on-campus dormitory accommodation;
-monthly living allowance;
-one-off settlement subsidy;
-outpatient medical service and Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
The tasks of the CSC in BUPT should be used legally and economic that significance of managing the activates of the foreigner students studying in BUPT; taking charge of the management and utilization of CSC; determining the relevant international students’assistance projects; formulating international students management regulations in BUPT; managing the bilateral and multilateral exchange or unilateral scholarships between BUPT and other countries; managing other activites such as educational exchanges, scientific and technological cooperation on behalf of BUPT with different organizations, institutions and individuals inside and outside of China; providing financial support to the projects conducive to the development of BUPT’s education and its friendly relations with other universities.
’The CSC establishes a committee and a secretariat. The committee takes charge of consultation and examination, and the secretariat is in charge of the day-to-day work.’In our BUPT, the Overseas Student Affairs Office is implementing the work principles and plans that are formulated by the CSC and BUPT committee. The Overseas Student Affairs Office is responsible for organizing and managing the implementation of the financial assistance to the international students who wish study in BUPT, formulate the relevant management regulations and methods, process, assess and approve the application for financial assistance, award scholarships and provide the relevant consultation and service; supervise and inspect the use of China Scholarship by the projects and people financed by the CSC. Please contact Overseas Students’Affairs Office if you are interesting in apply CSC in BUPT.
The contact information:
Mailing Address: Overseas Student Affairs Office, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Xitucheng Road 10, Haidian District, Beijing, PRC
Office Address:Room 327, No.1 Teaching Building (Main Campus)
Tel: (86-10) 62281949 (International Office)
How to Apply for Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications Scholarship
1. Applications can be submitted by one of the following three ways
A. Fill in the application form and upload supporting documents on http://studyinchina.bupt.edu.cn.
B. Send electronic and/or scanned versions of application form and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
C. Mail application form and supporting documents to International Office
Mailing address: Admissions Group, BUPT International office,P.O.Box 211, International Office, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, 10# Xitucheng Road, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R.China, Postcode:100876
*The original documents must be presented on the applicants’ arrival.
2. Each application will be evaluated by the university. Once the application is accepted, the successful applicants will receive BUPT Admission Notice and the Application Form for Students from Overseas (JW 202 Form for short) by mail.
3. As an international student, you will need a visa to enter China. Student Visa (X Visa) should apply at Chinese Embassy or Consulate of present place of permanent residence. JW 202 Form, BUPT Admission Notice and Physical Examination Record for Foreigners are requested for applying a student visa.
4. The applicants should enroll in BUPT within the required time notified in the BUPT Admission Notice.
Online Application Directions：(under construction)
The application period: February 1st to May 20th
Please make sure your application and all supporting documents will be received by the BUPT International Office by May 20th.
Step 1：Choose the program to apply
Step 2：Complete the application form
Please complete the application form in Chinese or English and upload the required electronic copy of supporting documents.
Step 3：Submit the application
Before submitting the application, please make sure that you have completed all the required information, and the information you provide is authentic.
Step 4：Pay Application Fee
After submitting the application form, application fee RMB ￥500.00 Yuan or US Dollar＄75.00 is required to submit to BUPT. Your application will be processed only after payments are made.
Step 5：Preliminary Assessment
Your application materials will be evaluated carefully after payment of application fee. The International Office will inform you the result when the assessment is ready.
Step 6：Print the application form
If you successfully pass the preliminary assessment, please download and print the generated application form.
Step 7：Send Supporting Documents
Please send your application form together with all your supporting documents to the ‘Admissions Group, BUPT International office’. All documents should be original or notarized photocopy.
Step 8：Apply for Scholarship
You may apply for the Scholarship online after you pass the preliminary assessment. The application form should be sent to the ‘Admissions Group, BUPT International office’ together with your Supporting Documents.
Step 9： Acceptance Confirmation
You need to confirm online after receiving the offer of scholarships.
Step 10： Apply for Accommodation
You may apply for the Accommodation after the confirmation of the offer. .
1. To be eligible, applicants must:
-be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
-be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
-be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
2. The teaching language for undergraduate study is Chinese except for the English-taught program. The applicants must obtain Minimum level of HSK 4 for enrolling in the Chinese-taught programs.
3. The teaching language for master study is Chinese except for the English-taught program. The Chinese language proficiency of applicants must HSK Level 4 or above. Each applicant must provide at least two recommendation letters with references’ professional title above associate professor.
4. The teaching languages for Doctoral study are both Chinese and English. The Chinese language proficiency of applicants must HSK Level 4 for enrolling in the Chinese-taught programs. Each applicant must provide at least two recommendation letters with references’ professional title above associate professor.
Further information: Applicants who do not meet the Chinese Language proficiency requirements may be considered on an individual basis. They may be admitted as non-degree students for one academic year to study Chinese. Those who pass the Chinese Language examination held one year later will be automatically enrolled in degree study.
The following documents are needed for all applicants:
1. The completed BUPT Admission Application Form for Overseas Students;
2. Applicants’ certificate of highest completed academic level, diploma of highest completed academic institution and high school/college transcripts (photocopies or notarized English translations);
3. Letters of recommendation required for different student categories;
4. The completed Physical Examination Record for Foreigners;
5. Chinese language proficiency of HSK Level 4 or above or BUPT Chinese Training Center diploma for entering Chinese-taught programs.