Beijing Jiaotong University formerly Northern Jiaotong University is one of the oldest universities in mainland China. The main campus is located near Xizhimen in central Beijing. The university’s name is often abbreviated by locals to JiaoDa iaoDa is a participant in the Ministry of Education’s Project 211, classifying it as a top Chinese university.
The university was a component of Jiaotong University (also named Chiao Tung University). In September 1909, the Postal Department of the Qing government founded the Railway Management Institute in Beijing. In the 1920s, it merged with two technical schools in Shanghai and Tangshan to form the Jiaotong University, which had three campuses in Beijing, Shanghai and Tangshan, respectively, changing its name to Beijing Railway Management School.
The Beijing campus was named National Jiaotong University, Beijing. In 1949, the Beijing campus was renamed Northern Jiaotong University. In September 2021, it was once again renamed Beijing Jiaotong University to make its favorable locality explicit. The Shanghai campus has since separated into two universities which are now Shanghai Jiaotong University and Xi’an Jiaotong University, with a further sister branch in Nanchang.
Beijing Jiaotong University CSC Scholarships, Ranking, Agency Number, Faculty Members
- Program Introduction
Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program, set up by the
Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. Each recipient has to pass the annual evaluation for the continuation of the scholarship.
Scholarship coverage: Registration fee, tuition waiver, experiment and internship fees, comprehensive medical insurance and free university dormitory. The university will provide the stipend (master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month, doctoral students: CNY 3500 per month).
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
- The requirements for applicants’ degree and age:
The applicants must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the masters’ programs, and be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
- Application Procedure
- Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students at http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org, click “Application Online” to log in, submit online the completed Application Form and print 2 hard copies. The Agency Number of Beijing Jiaotong University is 10004.
- Submit all your application documents to Beijing Jiaotong University before April 10.
- The application fee is CNY 600.
- Scholarship Confirmation and Admission
- University will email the Offer to the nominated candidates before May 31.
- After getting the confirmed email by the candidates, university will process the admission.
- University will issue the admission result in early July. All applicants can check the result at CSC Application System.
- University will send Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the scholarship recipient.
- Key Information
Center for International Education, Beijing Jiaotong University,
No.3 Shangyuancun, Xizhimengwai, Haidian District, Beijing, China
Postal Code: 100044
Contact Person: Sabrina Xu, Edward Cheng
Telephone: 86-10-5168 4535
Appendix: Application Documents
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship （written in Chinese or
- Notarized highest diploma;
Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Academic transcripts （written in Chinese or English）;
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal （written in Chinese or English）;
This should be a minimum of 800 words with a detailed description of the contents or field information during the study in China.
- Two Recommendation Letters（written in Chinese or English）;
Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor and their contact information.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form （photocopy written in English, attached in Appendix 2)
The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- The copy of valid HSK Certificate （if available）.
- The copy of valid TOEFL or IELTS Certificate for the application of the English-taught programs.
- The Reception Letter from the adviser for the doctoral students
All documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order of 1 to 9. （You should submit TWO sets of bound documents）. No application documents will be returned.