The Renmin University of China is offering Scholarships for Master of Contemporary Chinese Studies for foreign students to study in China.
The Renmin University of China is a research-oriented comprehensive university focusing on humanities and social sciencesIt is directly under the Ministry of Education of China andis jointly financed and supported by China’s Ministry of Education and the Beijing Municipal government.
Applicants should have ability to listen, speaking, reading and writing equivalent to a score of IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 90.
Renmin University Master Scholarship Description:
- Applications Deadline: June 10, 2022
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Master of Contemporary Chinese Studies.
- Study Subject: The following specializations are available on the program (subject to changes):
- Chinese Politics
- Chinese Economy
- Chinese Culture
- Chinese Law
The following is a selection of the available courses:
- Chinese Government and Politics
- Comparative Industrialization
- Internet and Big Data
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Resource Politics
- Seminar on the ‘Belt and Road Initiative’
- Chinese language courses
- Chinese Experience and Its Comparison with Developing Countries
- China and Global Governance
- Contemporary Chinese Economy
- China’s Foreign Economic Trade and Investment
- Introduction to Chinese Law
- Studies on Confucianism
- Contemporary Chinese Society
- Scholarship Award: The Silk Road School offers all successful applicants comprehensive scholarships. The scholarships cover full tuition, accommodation subsidy, and medical insurance and necessary living allowance for the duration of the program.
- Nationality: Available to foreign students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Renmin University Master Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to foreign students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should be foreign citizens who have interest in the BRI and Chinese culture.
- Applicants should be under the age of 45 (before August 1st 2022).
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree or above (awarded before August 31st 2022).
- Applicants should have ability of listening, speaking, reading and writing equivalent to a score of IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 90.
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from two (2) of the following categories:
English Language Requirements: The language of instruction on the program (2 years full-time) is English, with Chinese language skills reinforced throughout. Applicants should have ability of listening, speaking, reading and writing equivalent to a score of IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 90.
Application Procedure for Renmin University Master Scholarship:
How to Apply: Complete the Online Application on the website of the International Students’ Office at Renmin University (http://app.ruc.edu.cn/idccy) from May 2nd to June 10th 2022.
- Application Form;
- Proof of highest diploma (original copy or notarized photocopy);
- Academic transcripts (original copy or notarized photocopy);
- 2-inch passport photos with white background;
- Information page of your valid personal and ordinary passport;
- Two letters of recommendation in English;
- Personal statement (at least 1000 words in English, indicating your educational and work background, your motivation for applying, study plans and career goals);
- Personal CV Foreigner Physical Examination Form: The examination result must be obtained within one month, stating that the applicant has no serious infectious diseases or any diseases which could prevent entry into China.
- Copies of a catalogue of published academic articles along with abstracts, awards received or other original research (optional).
- Personal video clip (optional).
Notes on Application
- All the application materials must be submitted electronically as one PDF document in the prescribed order to the following address: srsruc-at-ruc.edu.cn (video and academic essays submitted alone)
- All documents should be in English; otherwise, certified English translations should be submitted with the original documents· The cut-off date for submitting the above materials is June 10th 2022.