The Nanjing University of Science & Technology NMG-NJUST Joint Scholarship Program for International Students 2022 are open apply now.
In order to enhance international exchange and attract more outstanding international students to study with us, Nanjing Government and Nanjing University of Science & Technology have jointly set up the scholarship program. The 2022 Prospectus for Nanjing Municipal Government—Nanjing University of Science & Technology （NMG-NJUST） Joint Scholarship Program for International Student is as follows:
1. Nanjing University of Science & Technology (NMG-NJUST) Joint Scholarship Program for International Students Categories
Scholarships are set up for Undergraduate students, Master students, Doctoral students and Preparatory students.
2. Quota of Scholarship Awardees
Doctoral students: Full scholarship, 20 students
Master students : Full scholarship, 40 students, Partial scholarship, 20 students;
Undergraduate students: 40 students
Chinese Language Students: 20 students
3. Duration of the Nanjing University of Science & Technology (NMG-NJUST) Joint Scholarship Program for International Students
Doctoral students: 4 academic years
Master students: 2.5 academic years
Undergraduate students: One-off subsidy, exempt CNY 10,000 from tuition fee
1) Applicants who have applied for Chinese instructed courses are required to provide either HSK certificate or official credential letter; otherwise one-year complementary Chinese Language course is added to the stated study period. During the preparatory stage, applicants can only be awarded with Scholarship for Preparatory students. Only after the Master students course has began can applicants be awarded with Scholarship for Master students.
2) Scholarship awardees must be reviewed annually for the academic performance (no fails) and other performances (no punishment records of discipline violations). Otherwise, scholarship will be terminated if the student fails to meet the requirements.
Undergraduates: one-off subsidy of part of tuition fee
Chinese Language Students: one-off subsidy of part of tuition fee
4. Language of the Courses Instructed
Chinese-taught and English-taught programs are both available.
5. Coverage and Criterion of Nanjing University of Science & Technology (NMG-NJUST) Joint Scholarship Program for International Students
1. Postgraduate students:
1) Full Postgraduate Scholarship
-Exempt from tuition fee
-Free on-campus dormitory accommodation (Double room)
24,000 yuan /year per person for Doctoral students
Per 20,400 yuan/year for Master students
Note: Living allowance will be converted monthly to Doctoral students 2022 yuan/ month, Master students 1700 yuan/month. The university will issue the living allowance base on students’ actual study period and stay period at NJUST.
2) Partial Postgraduate Scholarship
-Exempt from tuition fee
-No living allowance, no free accommodation
2. Undergraduate Students:
-One-off subsidy, exempt CNY 10,000 from tuition fee
3. Chinese Language Students:
One-off subsidy, exempt CNY 5,000 from tuition fee
Scholarship awardees are exempt from tuition fee. But fees of books and internship, etc. are at their own expense.
NJUST will not offer extra accommodation to applicants’ family members. By showing Family Membership Certificate issued by China Embassy or General Consulate, married Master students and Doctoral students who carry family members with them can apply for off-campus accommodation. Accommodation allowance is CNY 1000/month for Doctoral degree students, CNY 700/month for Master degree students.
6. Nanjing University of Science & Technology (NMG-NJUST) Joint Scholarship Program for International Students Application Requirements:
1) NMG-NJUST Scholarship is opened to non-Chinese citizens who are in good health
2) Education background and age limit:
For Bachelor Degree applicants: less than 28 years old, and have obtain ed senior high school certificate;
For Master Degree applicants: less than 35 years old, and have obtained bachelor degree certificate;
For Doctoral Degree applicants: less than 40 years old, and have obtain ed Master degree certificate.
3) Applicants must obtain a competitive academic records.
i. Transcripts result must be 75% above
ii. Language Requirements:
1) Applicants who apply for English-taught program must have IELTS score, 6.0 above or new TOFEL score, 80 above (out of 120);
2) Applicants who apply for Chinese-taught program must have HSK result, level 4 above.
4) Students who have won other Chinese scholarships between 2022 to 2022 are not qualified for application.
7. Nanjing University of Science & Technology (NMG-NJUST) Joint Scholarship Program for International Students Application Procedure
Applicants have to complete both online application and have to mail package of hardcopy application materials to us.
Note: Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result.
1. Online application
1) Apply online via http://admission.njust.edu.cn
2) Follow the instructions to fill out the application form and upload scanned materials correspondingly.
2. Hardcopy application package should include:
1) Printed and completed form of ‘Nanjing Municipal Government—Nanjing University of Science & Technology Joint Scholarship Program scholarship’ from online system
2) Copy of passport information page
3) Copy of ggraduation certificates/diploma of highest degree, copy of officially issued transcripts from previous schools (photocopy). Languages other than Chinese or English have to be notarized into Chinese or English.
Bachelor Degree applicants are required to submit high school transcripts;
Master Degree applicants are required to submit undergraduate transcripts;
Doctoral Degree applicants are required to submit both transcripts for Undergraduate student and Master student.
Note: If applicants are already current university students in China, they must also provide certificate of enrollment and university transfer letter from their university official department.
4) Language Proficiency Certificate
For English-taught program applicants: submit copy of IELTS certificate or TOFEL certificate.
For Chinese-taught program applicants: submit copy of HSK certificate.
5) Research Plan/Personal Statement
Personal Statement for Undergraduate applicants students (no less than 800 words), which includes your study background and working experience, motivation of studying in China, reasons for the choice of major and goals after graduation(in Chinese or English).
Research Plan for Master Degree applicants and Doctoral Degree applicants (no less than 800 words) , which includes your study and working experience, academic achievements, target research field, research plan and goals after graduation(in Chinese or English).
6) Reference Letters
For Master Degree applicants: please submit two supporting reference letters from professor or associate professor at your institution (in English or Chinese).
For Bachelor Degree applicants: please submit two supporting reference letters from teachers at your high school (in English or Chinese).
NOTE: Contact number and email of the referrerrs should be included in the letter.
7) Academic papers and academic achievements, if any(for Master Degree and Doctoral Degree applicants)
8) Provisional Consent Form
Master Degree applicants are suggested to contact relative professors who are willing to supervise their proposed study. ‘Provisional Consent Form’ is expected to be completed by the professor and enclose in application package.
9) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (in English)
The medical examination must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital of the applicants are invalid. Medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration as they plan to take the medical examination.
The hardcopy of scholarship application package should be sent to:
Room 225, School of International Education
Nanjing University of Science & Technology
200 Xiaolingwei Street, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province
Receiver: Scholarship Application
Address: School of International Education
Nanjing University of Science & Technology
200 Xiaolingwei Street, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province 210094
8. Nanjing University of Science & Technology (NMG-NJUST) Joint Scholarship Program for International Students Application Date
December 1st, 2022 to May 30th, 2022
9. Evaluation and Confirmation
Applications will be evaluated and the result will be published on our websites at the beginning of July, 2022.
Scholarship awardees will be notified via email, and following enrollment procedures will be informed via email.
Major of applicant will be clearly demonstrated on Admission Notice. After registration, students are, under general circumstances, not allowed to change their majors.
Registration time will be in mid-September, 2022. Exact date will be clearly demonstrated on Admission Notice.
CNY 500 (￥500) fee (Scholarship evaluation fee & confirmation fee) is required to be paid.
If the scholarship awardee is diagnosed to have any disease that causes suspension of study, the student should return to home country at their own expense. The scholarship position will be postponed for one year in maximum. However, living allowance will be ceased during these periods. Scholarship positions will not be granted for any other reasons which caused suspension of study.
If the scholarship awardee, without permission, drops out or transfers to another school before finishing academic program in NJUST, they should repay the exemption part of the tuition and accommodation fees. Otherwise, official department in NJUST will not conduct necessary formalities for their transfer.
Nanjing University of Science & Technology reserves the right of interpretation for the scholarship terms and conditions.
11. Information Inquiry and Contact Information
Scholarship information website: http://study.njust.edu.cn, see ‘scholarship’
Consultation service for Undergraduate applicants:
Tel: +86-25-84303135 (Ms. Xiong)
Consultation service for Master and Doctoral Degree applicants:
Tel: +86-25-84303232 (Ms. Miao)
Consultation service for Chinese Language Students:
Tel: +86-25-84303135 (Ms. Xiong)