The Harbin Institute of Technology Freshman Scholarship are open to apply now.Implement of the Outstanding International Freshman Scholarship in HIT 2020
I. General Rules
The International Freshman Scholarship was founded to encourage worldwide international students to study at HIT. The implement rules are set to carry out the election work of the scholarship.
II.Type、Scope and Duration of the Harbin Institute of Technology Freshman Scholarship
Type of the scholarship
The International Freshman Scholarship is divided into three sections, including undergraduate international freshman scholarship, post-graduate international freshman scholarship and exchange students scholarship.
The scope of the Harbin Institute of Technology Freshman Scholarship
The outstanding undergraduate freshmen who accord with the eligibilities can apply theundergraduate international freshman scholarship; the post-graduate international freshman scholarship applies to the outstanding international students who accord to the admissions of post-graduate and doctorial courses. Exchange student scholarship applies to exchange students who applied to study in HIT. All applicants shall meet the qualification and do not acquire with other scholarship at the same time.
Duration of the Harbin Institute of Technology Freshman Scholarship
The duration of the undergraduate international freshman scholarship is one year. Students who meet the qualification shall apply for the outstanding international students scholarship in the next year.
The time limit of the post-graduate international freshman scholarship
Post-graduate students: 2 years
Doctorial post-graduate students: 3 years
The duration of the exchange students: according to the study time and agreement request.
III.Quota and Standard:
The quota of the undergraduate international freshman scholarship shall amount to 5% of the total number of international undergraduate students.
Major award: tuition waiver, living expenses providing (1000yuan per month)
Minor award: tuition waiver
Third-class award: 50% deduction of the tuition
Fourth-class award: 20% deduction of the tuition
Note: The students who need the Chinese language training will enjoy the same standards during the Chinese language learning. If the applicants have passed the HSK Level-4, there is no need to study the Chinese.
1. The quota of the post-graduate international freshman scholarship shall amount to 10% of the total number of post-graduate international students.
Major award: tuition and quarter-age waiver, living expenses providing (1300yuan per month for post-graduate students and 1600yuan per month for doctorial students)
Minor award: tuition and quarter-age waiver
Third-class award: tuition waiver
Fourth-class award: 50% deduction of the tuition
2. The quota of the post-graduate international freshman scholarship shall accord to the relative agreement request.
First-class scholarship: tuition and quarter-age waiver, living expenses providing (1000 yuan per month for students from Europe or America and 600 yuan per month for students from other regions)
Second-class Scholarship: tuition and quarter-age waiver
Third-class Scholarship: tuition waiver
Fourth-class award: 10% deduction of the tuition
IV. The conditions and method for the application of the Harbin Institute of Technology Freshman Scholarship
1. The applicants of the Undergraduate Freshman Scholarship should accord with at least one of the following conditions:
(1) High school academic record is outstanding, the high schools should be in the top 20%
(2) The scores of domestic university entrance exam is excellent, the score is more than 70% of the total in paper
(3) Participated in domestic and international various kinds of competition and won prizes
(4) The style specialty certified by the professional high level organization
2. The applicants of the Graduate Freshman Scholarship should accord with at least one of thefollowing conditions:
(1) The scores of previous formal schooling stage is excellent
(2) Published High level papers (SCI or EI) or participated in sequence meeting of this field
(3) As the main participants in professional research award, and as the main project participants
(4) The style specialty certified by the professional high level organization
(5) Applicants who have outstanding performance, or all kinds of honor for school are priority .
The Exchange Student scholarship is required to meet the formal protocol signed by the sending school and the students should be the school officially registered students.
V. Harbin Institute of Technology Freshman Scholarship Application Procedures
1. Annually for Scholarship awards, the application time for each year is on March 15th to June 15th,within the time limit shall not accept it，the overdue request will not be processed.
2. The applicant must be submitted the Outstanding International Freshman Scholarship application form and provide the relevant certificate at the same time.
You can download the form from the International Student Center website, the application materials will not be returned.
VI. The Harbin Institute of Technology Freshman Scholarship Evaluation
After the school has recognized the qualification of the applicants, the Harbin Institute of Technology International Student Scholarship evaluation will carry out by the principle of fair, public, fair and alternative the best.
The scholarship evaluation results will be informed on the official website of International Student Center on July 15th each year. The Scholarship recipients must be submit the formal receipt within the schedule time, otherwise, will be regarded as giving up the scholarship.
VII.The Regulation of Harbin Institute of Technology Freshman Scholarship
The scholarship student must register within the regular time. If late for register should inform the International Student Center in advance, otherwise, will be regarded as giving up the scholarship.
The scholarship student should sign in International Student Center from 10th to 15th every month, If you fail to sign on time, the scholarship will not be suspended and without replace it during the month. The students, ask for leave or suspend your study will be deduced the scholarship and will not pay back.
The graduate scholarship student must attend the Chinese Scholarship Annual Review in your school. The student through the review will continue to enjoy the next semester scholarship in China, Review is not eligible will be disqualified from the scholarship. Assessment time is: April 10 to 30 each year.
Students who have already won a scholarship, one of the following behaviors is found, the school will withdraw the qualification of scholarship, and handled according to relevant regulations.
(1) Learning in violation of the rules during the school rules The laws of China
(2) Don’t get to school on time registration of health reasons leave school without permission of asking, and for more than two weeks.
(3) Scholarships to study during the semester course 30% of the test results fail to pass the exam
(4) International students reach grade condition of stay down
(5) Scholarship winners for personal reasons interrupt their studies after get scholarships; will be deemed to be waiver scholarship eligibility
Ms. PIAO Yuejin (Korean): Tel: +86-451-86402455 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. LIU Wei (Russian): Tel: +86-451-86412847 E-mail: email@example.com
Ms. Anastasia (Russian)Tel: +86-451-86418461 E-mail: Anastasia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. AI Wenxin (Russian): Tel: +86-451-86418461 E-mail: email@example.com
Ms. ZHAO Lin (English): Tel: +86-451-86402455 E-mail: StudyatHIT@hit.edu.cn
Ms. Li Zhuoran (English): Tel: +86-451-86402455 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. MENG Xiaoli: (English): Tel: +86-451-86412647 E-mail: email@example.com
Website link: http://www.studyathit.cn/pro_6_1.asp