Applications are invited for Hanban Confucius Institute Scholarships at The Confucius Institute for Scotland. These scholarships are available for Non-Chinese students.
The Confucius Institute for Scotland in the University of Edinburgh is a national centre to promote educational, economic, and cultural ties between Scotland and China. The Confucius Institute for Scotland is one of more than 450 Confucius Institutes around the world. The principal remit for Confucius Institutes is the promotion and development of Chinese language and culture. Each institute determines its own programme of activity based on market conditions.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Hanban Confucius Institute Scholarships Description:
- Application Deadline: If you would like to apply for a Confucius Institute Scholarship through the Confucius Institute for Scotland, please submit your scholarship application via the Scholarship Website, meeting the deadlines set out below. For a summer 4-week scholarship (July entry), applications should be submitted by April 20, 2020;
For a September 2020 entry, applications should be submitted by May 31, 2020;
For March 2020 entry or a winter 4-week scholarship, applications should be submitted by September 20, 2020.
- Course Level: There are five options.
One Semester Scholarships
One Academic Year Scholarships
Master`s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL)
Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL)
- Scholarship Award: Recipients of full scholarships are exempt from tuition fees, accommodation fees on campus, and are provided with a monthly living allowance as well as comprehensive medical insurance for foreign students studying in China. These benefits do not come with the Four-week scholarship.
- Nationality: Non-Chinese citizens are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Hanban Confucius Institute Scholarships:
Eligible Countries: Non-Chinese citizens are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants shall be non-Chinese citizens in good health, aged between 16 and 35. Chinese language teachers currently in post should be age below 45. Applicants for undergraduate studies should be age below 25.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for Hanban Confucius Institute Scholarships:
How to Apply: To apply please visit the Confucius Institute Scholarship website at http://cis.chinese.cn, where you can set up an individual account, get more information as well as an introduction to the range of participating host Higher Education institutions along with details as to which scholarships are offered. The system is now open.
All applicants must provide:
- Scanned copy of passport photo page
- Scanned copy of HSK and/or HSKK results
- A recommendation letter from the head of recommending the institute
Applicants for MTCSOL SCHOLARSHIP and BTCSOL SCHOLARSHIP should also provide:
- Highest degree certificate or diploma (or proof of expected graduation)
- Academic transcript
Applicants who are currently working as a Chinese language teacher should provide proof of employment and a reference letter from the employer.
Applicants under the age of 18 should provide certified legal guardian documents in China.
Applicants should also provide any additional documents required by the host institutions.