The quarantine period will be 14 days in a hotel selected by the local health authority. We have been told you have no say in which hotel you are assigned to, but families will be kept in the same hotel. Here are some things to expect:
- Generally, the hotels strictly allow one adult (over 14 years of age) per
- Children 14 years old and under stay in a room with a
- If you have more than one child, the children can either stay with one parent or can be divided between both parents.
- If you are traveling with a family, you may ask to be put in adjacent or nearby rooms (e.g., across the hallway). Make sure your requests are polite and
- Most hotel staff speak limited English, so be patient when explaining your Having a Translation App on your phone can be very useful.
- You are not allowed to leave your room at all during the 14 If you need anything, you may call the hotel reception to seek help. Some have repeated that a chair is placed outside your door to block entry and exit.
- You will be asked to sign a document stating that you will abide by the
According to official news in 2022 cost estimates published online, expected during quarantine
The China Quarantine Expenses incurred are shown in the table below:
|first entry city||hotel quarantine||Meal||Nucleic acid amplification testing||Wuhan concentrated /|
3day home health monitoring
- Beijing:11760Yuan/person (accommodation fee is300-900Yuan/day, press700Yuan/day calculation, dining 120 Yuan/day, nucleic acid detection 280Yuan)
- Shanghai:6970Yuan/person (accommodation fee is300-700Yuan/day, press550Yuan/day calculation, dining120Yuan/day, nucleic acid detection270Yuan)
- Guangzhou:7270Yuan/person (accommodation fee is300-700Yuan/day, press550Yuan/day calculation, dining150Yuan/day, nucleic acid detection270Yuan)
- Tianjin:5270Yuan/person (accommodation fee is220-500Yuan/day, press400Yuan/day calculation, dining100Yuan/day, nucleic acid detection270Yuan)
- Chengdu:6375Yuan/person (accommodation fee is200-650Yuan/day, press500Yuan/day calculation, dining120Yuan/day, nucleic acid detection175Yuan)
- Wuhan:3760Yuan/person (accommodation fee is250-450Yuan/day, press350Yuan/day calculation, dining120Yuan/person, nucleic acid detection260Yuan)
China Quarantine Duration:
The duration of quarantine is varied from city to city.
What to expect when you arrive at the Chinese airport:
- Upon landing, the aircraft may disembark passengers in groups, either by name or by This could take up to 1-2 hours. You may need to wait on the aircraft for up to 1-2 hours while the passengers are disembarked in groups, either by name or by seat location.
- Procedures to get through the airport may take 3-4
- Have your health declaration green QR code
- Have your boarding passes ready because you will need proof of flights and seat numbers
- Be prepared to fill out multiple forms and declarations for each person in black
- Expect to take a COVID test (NAT), temperature checks, QR code scanning
- Apply for final destination quarantine at the last “transportation”
- You may then need to wait for a special bus to transfer you to your assigned hotel where you will wait up to 24 hours for your test The transit to your assigned hotel location may take a while as well.
- There will be people around to guide you where you need to You may not speak Chinese and they may not speak English, but hand gestures and smiles communicate.
If your COVID test result is negative
- You will quarantine 14 nights in the arrival city at a designated hotel, selected by the
- Your health declaration will change from a Green Code to a Red Code for the duration of your quarantine in the It will change back to green QR at conclusion of quarantine.
If the COVID test result is positive, upon arrival in China or during quarantine:
- You will be isolated from other travelers, including your family, and taken to a hospital for observation and treatment of any symptoms that may
- You will be taken to the hospital regardless of previous negative test results, or While false positive results do happen, you will be treated as though you have the virus, even if you are asymptomatic.
- If you test positive and you are traveling with your child(ren), the child must stay with the other Your spouse nor your child will be allowed to accompany you to the hospital.
- If you are traveling alone with a child, a guardian will be assigned to stay with your In some previous cases, parents have been able to nominate someone to come and take care of the child in the quarantine hotel.
If any co-passenger tests positive and is a close contact to you on the plane (+/- 3 rows of your seating location), you might need to stay/return to a quarantine hotel for the duration of your quarantine period (14+7) regardless of home qualification.
If a child tests positive
- The NAT positive result process above applies also to babies and children of whatever age – they will be isolated from their family and taken by medical staff to a This very rarely happens.
- If this happens, exchange contact details (WeChat, mobile number) with the medical staff taking your Give them all their documentation, including any medical information such as allergies.
- Although inevitably distressing, reports from when this has happened indicate that children are very well cared for in good medical Parents are kept in touch with the children and their caretakers. It is important to understand that no person other than the medical staff are allowed to accompany the child to the hospital.
If the COVID test result is positive in your departure city before leaving for China:
- You will not be allowed to board flight
- You will not receive green QR code
- You should return to your home domicile to await negative test results
- Contact FHSU OGP
Packing Recommendations – In checked luggage
** When packing remember that from the point you reach the quarantine hotel you will be separated into your own rooms, so pack bags for individuals for 14 days.
- EpiPens if needed
- Digital thermometers (1/person)
- Small first aid kit
- Toiletries for 14 days, including shampoo, shower gel/bath foam, soap, 1 or 2 spare toilet rolls
- Comfortable light clothes – you will have to wash your own clothes, so pack items that will wash and dry easily
- Flip flops or bedroom slippers
- Hand-washing laundry liquid
- Water bottle to keep supply of cooled, boiled water
- Books, or download e-books and audiobooks
- Filtered water bottle
- Laptop, iPad,
- HDMI cable to watch movies on your laptop via TV screen
- Chinese electrical socket adaptors, multiplugs, extension cord
- Mini speakers
- Exercise equipment, g. yoga mat, skipping rope, resistance bands.
- Kids electronic devices and toys, g. iPad, Nintendo Switch, small balls, Lego, drawing pens and paper, juggling balls, jigsaw puzzles, etc.
- Small fan – air conditioning may not be working adequately
- Light-weight cutlery
Suggested food items
** The hotel will provide three meals, yet many have reported the monotony of the Chinese meals. Thus, you may wish to bring:
- Powdered drinks (Instant Coffee – Folgers instant crystals, Milk, Tea, Lemonade, Drink Singles packets)
- Powdered Accents (Salt, Pepper, Creamer, Sugar, Sugar Subs, Honey, Garlic)
- Powdered Comfort Food – Soups, Instant Potatoes, Mac N Cheese Cups, Couscous,
- Beverages (be mindful of weight)
- Chocolate (Chips or Hershey Bars)
- Granola, Dried Fruit, (Raisins, cranberries, dates), Trail mixes
- Nuts (Cashews, Almonds, Honey Roasted Peanuts, )
- Boxes of Protein bars
- Crackers and Peanut Butter or Jam
- Pop Tarts
- Beef Jerky
- Other foods normally to take on back-packing trips
- The travel situation and processes are continually changing, so expect the
- The food and drink service on the aircraft may be very Pack some food and snacks in carry on luggage.
- Services may be restricted depending on the airline (i.e., children menus not available, no blankets or pillows).
- Keep your (N-95) mask on as much as possible during the Airlines require masks except when eating or drinking
Regulations on airlines are relaxing to some degree.
Suggested Questions and Conversations when Checking into the Quarantine Hotel
- Date & time of check-out
- Meal Plan – Options and costs
- Ability for deliveries to be made from delivery companies as well as drivers
- Confirm WIFI name and password
- When touring room, make sure it has enough It may only have one set in the room. You will need to request extra sets if needed. We suggest you request towels up front.
- Confirm you will receive a receipt for all payments or have a way to obtain them by the end of your
- Explain any special health needs such as food allergies to the reception Show them the medical statement (in Chinese).
- The medical staff may ask you to pay upfront using WeChat or If you can’t communicate that you will pay using your American credit card during checkout, then most overseas credit cards seem to work.
- Check with the reception at the time of registration for a list of primary and alternate contact numbers for hotel services (contacts for food, reception, medical).
- Upon arrival, you will be given a thermometer to check your temperature each morning and We are told some hotels awaken guests at 8 AM for temperature checks.
- You will receive a call/visit twice a day to ask for thermometer results and check if you are feeling any symptoms of
- Small digital thermometers may be easier to use than the ones provided at the Packing one per person will make the daily temperature checks a bit easier.
- Under the tongue and surface body temperature should be between 0 and 37.2 degrees Celsius (96.9 – 99.0 Degree Fahrenheit).
Food and Drink
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner trays will be delivered to your hotel room each Expect a limited or no menu to be provided. All the meals delivered will be Chinese food.
- Some hotels may allow food deliveries once a You can use services like Sherpas or Epermarket from your phone to order in pre-packed food and drinks, in recent experiences, hotels do not allow fresh food deliveries due to the possible impact that hot weather can have on the food quality. Only dry/packed/canned food deliveries are allowed once per day.
- During your stay, food service will contact the room when delivering food and Electronic payment is required at the time of delivery.
- No Cooking – only the use of the boiling water from the
- Services provided can vary from hotel to hotel, the guidelines/suggestions on hotel services are based on a variety of previous
- Bedding, towels and toilet rolls are If you need fresh supplies, call reception and ask.
- The usual hotel services of room cleaning, linen changes, toiletries (shampoo, soap), mini-bar, and clothes laundry will not be
- Bring your own toiletries for 14 days, and a few spare toilet rolls (just in case!).
- Recent travelers report the air conditioning to be operational, packing a small fan might be a good
- The TV channels are in Chinese, although some hotels may have international channels like CNN, Discovery Asia, NatGeo
- Internet connection should be provided
Release from 14 Day Quarantine
- When your 14 days of quarantine are complete and COVID-19 test is negative you will be issued with a health Keep this as proof of quarantine release.
- Sometimes a further NAT will be conducted before leaving depending on the policies of the local health authorities at the
- On your release day, you can arrange for transportation to take you to the
- With FHSU approval, Peacock Travel will book a connecting flight from your quarantine city to Zhengzhou or