The Belt and Road Scholarship Shaanxi Normal University are open apply now. Xi’an the Belt and Road international students scholarship was founded by Xi’an Government to create a “City of International Students” to attract more students from countries along the One Belt and One Road.
This scholarship supports bachelor’s students, master’s students, doctor’s students and non-degree program students(for those who apply for 1-year study).
Instruction Language and Programs
There are three PhD English taught Programs——Education, Chemistry, Computer Science and Technology. Other programs are Chinese-taught programs.
Belt and Road Scholarship Shaanxi Normal University Coverage
- Bachelor: RMB 15000 Per year;
- Master: RMB 20000 per year;
- PhD: RMB 25000 per year;
- Non-degree Students (Only apply for 1 year): RMB 10000 per year.
Belt and Road Scholarship Shaanxi Normal University Application Period
25 April, 2019 to 20 June, 2019
Belt and Road Scholarship Shaanxi Normal University Eligibility
To be eligible, applicants must:
– be a citizen of a country along the One Belt and One Road, and be in good health;
-Bachelor’s degree applicants must have high school graduation certificate and be under the age of 30;
-Master’s degree applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
-Doctoral degree applicants must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
-Non-degree program applicants must have high school graduation certificate and be under the age of 45.
This program generally does not support students who already have had other subsidized scholarship(do not include encourage rewards such as full attendance awards, excellent student awards, etc).
(1) Chinese-taught Programs:
-Humanities: Applicants should have passed HSK4 when apply. Once enrolled, one-year Chinese training is required. After achieving HSK5 certificate, applicants can study in their major. (Applicants who already have HSK5 certificate do not need one-year Chinese training.);
-Science and Arts (Fine Arts, Music,etc.) : Once enrolled, one-year Chinese training is required. After achieving HSK4 certificate, applicants can study in their major. (Applicants who already have HSK4 certificate do not need one-year Chinese training.);
(2) English-taught Programs:
Except for native English speakers, all applicants are required to provide a valid English level certificate (IELTS 5.0 or TOEFL 50 or a corresponding level of English proficiency) . Students are required to pass HSK 3 when they graduate from SNNU.
-Applicants who have research results or who have received awards will be prioritized for admission.
Application Procedure for Belt and Road Scholarship Shaanxi Normal University
(1) Complete the online application procedure at Shaanxi Normal University Online Application System for International Students, https://snnu.17gz.org/ . Submit the completed Application Form online and print a hard copy;
(2) Submit all your application documents by post to International Students Office before the deadline 20 June 2019.
(3)Conduct preliminary examination of materials, interviews and comprehensive assessment;
(4)After the final auditing by the Xi’an Government, the admission name list will be announced online during July-August 2019;
(5) All applicants who do not receive the Chinese Government Scholarship will automatically be considered as candidates for the Xi’an City ‘The Belt and Road’ International Students Scholarship
Belt and Road Scholarship Shaanxi Normal University Application Documents (in duplicate)
Application Documents (in duplicate)
(1)Application Form for Shaanxi Normal University（written in Chinese or English）; Ensure you have both submitted it online and printed the hard copy.
(2) Notarized highest diploma (photocopy);
Prospective diploma winners must submit an official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date.
Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
(3) Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English);
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
(4) Research results. Published thesis, award certificates, etc. to prove their academic achievements and research capabilities;
(5) A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English and sign);
This should be a minimum of 800 words for master applicants and 1500 words for Ph.D. applicants.
(6) Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English);
Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by the professor or associate professor.
(7)Valid HSK certificate、English level certificate or other corresponding English certificates (photocopy);
(8) Passport photocopy (The page with photo)
(9) Valid No Criminal Activity Certificate which has been notarized and translated into Chinese;
(10) Foreigner Physical Examination Form
The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid.
Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
Pleases keep the original copy of the Form for school registration.
All the documents should be bound together on the top left corner in the order of( 1 )to (10).
You should submit TWO sets of bound documents to Shaanxi Normal University before the deadline.
No application documents will be returned.
Postal Address : P.O. Box 2, International Students Office (ISO), Shaanxi Normal University, No. 199, South Chang’an Road, Xi’an, Shaanxi, China
Contact Person: Mr.Zhu, Ms.Li